Welcome to the Dún Laoghaire Business Improvement District
In early 2013 a project team of local businesses and stakeholders came together to form a Business Improvement District Task Force. We, the members of this task force, believe that in these challenging economic times the businesses in Dún Laoghaire need to come together and work with each other to strengthen what our great town has to offer. Everyone will contribute a very small amount that will add up and enable significant enhancements.
Dún Laoghaire BID is here to work for you and with you to increase the footfall in our town, to attract more businesses and to secure a long term sustainable model for the management of our town. BIDs are business-led and provide you with the opportunity to have your say on the delivery of projects that will make a tangible difference to your business. We have now submitted a formal proposal to the Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council and in a few weeks the businesses in Dún Laoghaire will be given the opportunity to have their voice heard in a plebiscite.
Standing still is not an option. If we, the business community, do not get behind this proposal then we will miss this much needed opportunity – the opportunity to ensure that Dún Laoghaire fulfils its potential and provides the best experience for our customers, staff, and residents.
- PROMOTE SHOPPING IN DÚN LAOGHAIRE AND INCREASE FOOTFALL
- ATTRACT MORE RETAILERS AND BUSINESSES IN TO OUR TOWN
- CREATE A SUSTAINABLE MODEL OF TOWN CENTRE MANAGEMENT
- DELIVER YEAR-ROUND EVENTS AND CAMPAIGNS TO PROMOTE THE TOWN
- BE AN INDEPENDENT BUSINESS-LED ORGANISATION RUN FOR LOCAL BUSINESSES BY LOCAL BUSINESSES
- ENABLE COLLABORATIVE WORKING TO ACHIEVE COST SAVINGS TO INDIVIDUAL BUSINESSES
- EMPOWER BUSINESSES BY ENSURING THAT THE BUSINESS VOICE IS HEARD
- TACKLE THE ISSUES OF RATES, TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT & ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR